- Japanese plum wine
- Plums for brewing wine
- Gelatine sheets
- Double-boiled Golden Nest white nest and red nest
- Edible Gold Leaf (optional)
- Soak the gelatine sheets in ice water and wait for it to soften.
- Pour plum wine into the pot and warm the wine with low heat.
- Squeeze out the water from the softened gelatine sheets.
- Add the gelatine sheets to the plum wine and stir it gently.
- After the sheet is dissolved, turn off the heat so that the alcohol won’t evaporate.
- Get a big bowl to pour the plum wine, you can filter the undissolved gelatine sheets if there are any and wait for it to cool.
- Move it to the refrigerator to solidify the plum wine for 2-3 hours, it will have jelly consistency.
- Take it out from the fridge and prepare a champagne glass.
- Put a plum at the bottom and add a layer of the shredded plum wine jelly on top.
- Add Golden Nest Premium White Bird's Nest as another layer and for contrast, add Golden Nest Premium Red Bird’s Nest on top.
- You can also add edible gold leaf on top to make it fancier.
- You can find gelatine sheets and plum wine in larger Japanese Supermarkets in the bakery department.
- Use ice water to soften the gelatine sheet, warm water would dissolve it.
- Warm the wine with low heat, do not heat it up. If it gets too hot, the alcohol would evaporate.
- It’s the perfect treat to serve in summertime.