- About 1 Kg of skinned chicken
- 0.5 kg of lean pork
- Apricot kernels
- Candied dates
- Lotus seeds
- A few slices of ginger
- Golden Nest Premium White Bird's Nest
- Blanch the chicken and pork. Take them out when the water starts to boil again in about 5 minutes.
- Prepare a ceramic pot to slow-cooked the soup.
- Add in the blanched chicken lean pork, apricot kernels, candied dates, slice of ginger, lotus seeds, and then the cut pears to the ceramic pot.
- To shorten the cooking time, add boiling water to the pot so it can heat up faster. Don’t make it too full, about 80% is good.
- Seal the pot with cling wrap to keep the steam inside.
- Put the ceramic pot in a double boiler and boil for 3 to 4 hours.
- At around 3-3.5 hours mark (30 minutes before it’s done), remove the oil on the surface of the soup and add the Golden Nest Premium White Bird's Nest to it.
- Put the lid back on and continue boiling for another 30 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt at the end.
- The purpose of blanching is to remove the blood from the pork and chicken, to clean it up and to make the soup clearer and nicer.
- It only takes 30 minutes to cook the Swallow nest, that is why we add it 30 minutes before it’s done.
- Even though the chicken is skinned, it still has a lot of oil which is not very healthy.